How do I load data from my Thermo instrument?
RAW data from Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers can be loaded into PEAKS provided that the Thermo MS File Reader package is installed on the same computer as PEAKS.
- Start by opening PEAKS:
- Navigate to Window -> Config Wizard
- On the ‘Select Instruments’ page select the ‘Thermo Scientific’ check box
- All other options can be ignored
- Click next until you reach the ‘Download Information’ page
- You will see MS File Reader begin downloading
- once this is complete click ‘Install’
- Continue to the next page and click finish
- You are now ready to analyze data from RAW files
Once it is installed, PEAKS will be able to load .raw files automatically. If you have Xcalibur installed on the same computer as PEAKS you may not need to install MS File Reader.
Be sure to install the 64 bit version of Thermo MSFileReader either separately or from configure wizard in PEAKS!